Facts About Englewood
Here are a few facts about Greater Englewood:
- Greater Englewood Boundaries consist of 55th North, 75th South, Dan Ryan, East, Hamilton , West and encompasses Englewood and West Englewood
- There are 6 aldermanic wards and not 1 aldermanic office located within the boundaries of Englewood
- Over 70, 000 residents live in these boundaries and 31% reside in owner-occupied homes
- There are 51, 938 registered voters in Greater Englewood and 118 precincts (as of the latest data of the 2010 US Census)
- There are over 250 churches in the Greater Englewood community
- Englewood can be accessed via 3 major transit lines: the CTA Red Line (63rd Street) and Green Line (Halsted and Ashland) and the Dan Ryan Expressway
Here is a list of celebrities and other history-makers who call Englewood home. (Courtesy of R. Baldwin, Media Journalist)
Chef Cliff Rome- Radio Personality, Chef and Entrepreneur.
Bernie Mac-Late comedian and actor.
Jennifer Hudson-Singer and Actress
Derrick Rose-NBA Basketball Player.
Liz Toussiant-Country Music Singer and Songwriter.
Kevin White-Rising Comedian
LeAlan Marvin Jones-Journalists, Role Model and Senate hopeful.
Janet Hubert-Actress, Dancer and Author.
Merri Dee- Journalists, Role Model and Senate hopeful.
Mavis Staples-Jazz Musican.
Dr. Terry Mason-Chief Medical Officer for the Cook County Health and Hospitals System.
…but it’s no big surprise. Englewood is full of rising stars!!