Welcome to the Resident Association of Greater Englewood (R.A.G.E.) Website!
We Welcome You to Attend our Village Meetings
…BI-MONTHLY ON THE 3RD TUESDAY OF THE MONTH -Next Meeting – Tuesday, September – Location/Time: TBD - To view the RAGE or other community click on the Calendar of Events.
SO FRESH SATURDAYS IS BACK – Catch RAGE at 5 Parks in Englewood as a park of the Chicago Park District – Night Out in the Park – Bring the whole family for fun, music, food and more! So Fresh Saturdays is a community driven “edu-tainment” series that will showcase various artistic expressions and educational workshops that will focused on youth, entrepreneurship, hip hop, media, social networks, community activism, and culturally relevant history using music, film, and art! As a part of the Chicago Park District’s Night Out in the Parks, this series is designed for all ages in an effort to create a safe space in the parks of our community!
Here are the dates and locations:
So Fresh Saturday/RAGE
June 7, 2014
3pm – 8pm
5839 S. Wood St. 60636
June 21, 2014
3pm – 8pm
5701 S. Shield Ave. 60621
July 12, 2014
3pm – 8pm – 6054 S. Damen 60636
Aug 2, 2014
3pm – 8pm – 6500 S. Racine 60636
August 30, 2014
3pm – 8pm – 513 W. 72nd St. 60621
Are you an asset to the community? Do you see opportunities where others see failure? Are you looking to become connected with others who are actively pursuing the betterment of Greater Englewood? Then join R.A.G.E.! E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-845-1032.
You may now donate or pay your membership dues online! If you are joining RAGE please complete the membership application below and pay online! Your donations and dues will be used to help the efforts of R.A.G.E…Donate today!
Check a few photos from the So Fresh Saturdays Series in 2013!
Who is R.A.G.E.?
R.A.G.E. stands for the Resident Association of Greater Englewood, a newly formed resident-driven association established to build relationships with fellow residents, Englewood’s public officials, business owners and organizations. R.A.G.E. is a grassroots organization that strategizes to address community problems, creates tangible solutions (holistic and block by block) and actively seeks ways to keep fellow residents informed about the latest news in Englewood, Chicago. A need for change in Chicago’s Englewood community is apparent and a voice for the community is long overdue. R.A.G.E. is the voice speaking out to empower, educate, uplift and motivate fellow residents and stake holders on many of the issues that face the community.
Our main focus areas are Education/Youth Development, Economic Development and Civic Engagement & Empowerment in the Greater Englewood neighborhood.
R.A.G.E. Top Ten Goals for 2013-2014
- Develop an Englewood Policy Agenda
- Engage in Englewood Rebranding and Beautification Efforts
- Increase executive membership (residents of Greater Englewood) to 200 members
- Expand Support of the Educational, Social and Emotional Development of Englewood Students and Parents. (Englewood Education Strategic Plan, 2012)
- Support of Youth Empowerment, Character Development and Active Student Voice in Addressing Educational and Community Development Needs. (Englewood Education Strategic Plan, 2012)
- Recruit and Develop Young Professional Taskforce to in order to develop leaders, activist, and entrepreneurs servicing Englewood as mentors and innovators.
- Partner with existing education oriented/youth empowerment organizations to establish an educational entity in 2014.
- Support and participate in the establishment of a community driven co-operative to research requirements for an acquisition of a closed school building/joint-use partnership to create an Englewood community learning center opening in 2015.
- Strengthen relationships with existing movements (i.e. Englewood Railway Coalition, Chicago Peace Movement, NBCU, etc.)
- Create peaceful social spaces and civic activities throughout Greater Englewood.
If your efforts are aligned with any of these goals please complete the contact us form below.
RAGE kicked off 2013 in collaboration with the Englewood CAC for the 2nd Annual Englewood Education Empowerment Summit! If you missed it, check out all the photos here>>>>> http://www.flickr.com//photos/92961376@N05/show/
You may now donate or pay your membership dues online! If you are joining RAGE please complete the membership application below! Your donations and dues will be used to help the efforts of R.A.G.E…Donate today!
Please complete above web application and pay your membership dues online today!
“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.”