Welcome to the Resident Association of Greater Englewood (R.A.G.E.) Website!
We Welcome You to Attend our Village Meetings
…BI-MONTHLY ON THE 3RD TUESDAY OF THE MONTH -Next Meeting (Last Public Meeting of 2014) November 18th -Location/Time: Hamilton Park Cultural Center – 513 W. 72nd St. – 6:00pm - To view the RAGE or other community click on the Calendar of Events.
Check out excerpts from our latest newsletter below – Download the entire September Issue.
Some of the concepts that were captured included an Urban Agricultural Training Center Hub, Workforce Housing Development, a Holistic Wellness Center, Technology Incubator, Organizer’s Institute among other innovative ideas.
So Fresh Saturdays Five Park Tour a Success!!!
We are proud to announced that we successfully completed our So Fresh Saturdays Englewood Park Tour as a park of the Chicago Park District’s Night out in the Park Initiative! We reclaimed, not 1, not 2 but 5 parks in Englewood and West Englewood in the name of peace and community building.
At each stop of the tour, we offered resources for families, calls-to-action for residents and a host of performances from various artists that were rooted in activism and peace! Our back-to-school finale was this past Saturday at Hamilton Park and with the support of donations, we were able to distribute over 500 fully packed book bags to students and families of Englewood, along with FREE books for their reading pleasure!
Are you an asset to the community? Do you see opportunities where others see failure? Are you looking to become connected with others who are actively pursuing the betterment of Greater Englewood? Then join R.A.G.E.! E-mail us at email@example.com or call 866-845-1032.
You may now donate or pay your membership dues online! If you are joining RAGE please complete the membership application below and pay online! Your donations and dues will be used to help the efforts of R.A.G.E…Donate today!
Check a few photos from the So Fresh Saturdays Series in 2013 and 2014!
Who is R.A.G.E.?
R.A.G.E. stands for the Resident Association of Greater Englewood, a newly formed resident-driven association established to build relationships with fellow residents, Englewood’s public officials, business owners and organizations. R.A.G.E. is a grassroots organization that strategizes to address community problems, creates tangible solutions (holistic and block by block) and actively seeks ways to keep fellow residents informed about the latest news in Englewood, Chicago. A need for change in Chicago’s Englewood community is apparent and a voice for the community is long overdue. R.A.G.E. is the voice speaking out to empower, educate, uplift and motivate fellow residents and stake holders on many of the issues that face the community.
Our main focus areas are Education/Youth Development, Economic Development and Civic Engagement & Empowerment in the Greater Englewood neighborhood.
R.A.G.E. Top Ten Goals for 2013-2014
- Develop an Englewood Policy Agenda
- Engage in Englewood Rebranding and Beautification Efforts
- Increase executive membership (residents of Greater Englewood) to 200 members
- Expand Support of the Educational, Social and Emotional Development of Englewood Students and Parents. (Englewood Education Strategic Plan, 2012)
- Support of Youth Empowerment, Character Development and Active Student Voice in Addressing Educational and Community Development Needs. (Englewood Education Strategic Plan, 2012)
- Recruit and Develop Young Professional Taskforce to in order to develop leaders, activist, and entrepreneurs servicing Englewood as mentors and innovators.
- Partner with existing education oriented/youth empowerment organizations to establish an educational entity in 2014.
- Support and participate in the establishment of a community driven co-operative to research requirements for an acquisition of a closed school building/joint-use partnership to create an Englewood community learning center opening in 2015.
- Strengthen relationships with existing movements (i.e. Englewood Railway Coalition, Chicago Peace Movement, NBCU, etc.)
- Create peaceful social spaces and civic activities throughout Greater Englewood.
If your efforts are aligned with any of these goals please complete the contact us form below.
RAGE kicked off 2013 in collaboration with the Englewood CAC for the 2nd Annual Englewood Education Empowerment Summit! If you missed it, check out all the photos here>>>>> http://www.flickr.com//photos/92961376@N05/show/
You may now donate or pay your membership dues online! If you are joining RAGE please complete the membership application below! Your donations and dues will be used to help the efforts of R.A.G.E…Donate today!
Please complete above web application and pay your membership dues online today!
“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.”