Come out to the Englewood QLP Public Safety Task Force Meeting this evening, April 20th at the P.E.A.C.E. Center – 6455 S. Peoria Street – from 5:30pm to 7:00pm.
The goal of the Public Safety Task Force is to create a community where neighbors respect, trust, and forgive each other in building shared accountability for a peaceful and safe environment. The task force is dedicated to implementing the following four strategies:
- Strategy 1: Establish a network of residents and organizations working to improve safety
- Strategy 2: Create peace campaigns and restorative justice peace circles
- Strategy 3: Reduce youth arrest by promoting after school programs and centers for youth starting at the end of the school day to 6:30pm from all school age children
- Strategy 4: Create counseling programs, anger management and substance abuse counseling for 18-34 years olds
The Public Safety Task Force currently has 58 members and is always looking for more dedicated people to join forces to improve public safety in Englewood. To learn more about the four strategies, early action projects, and how to get involved please come out to the task force meeting this evening!
ALL Are Welcome!
Public Safety Task Force Champions:
- Michelle Rashad and Asiaha Butler – Resident Association of Greater Englewood
- Mike Tidmore – Teamwork Englewood
Contact Us: email@example.com