FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Englewood Community Groups Launch Quality-of-Life Fund
$10,000 Donor Match Already Pledged
Chicago—During a summit outlining the next steps in the ongoing transformation of the Englewood community, organizers today unveiled the Englewood Quality-of-Life Fund to raise much-needed funds for community projects. The Fund will launch online on #GivingTuesday, November 29, at http://englewoodqualityoflife.com. The group already has secured a $10,000 matching grant from an anonymous donor to jumpstart this fundraising effort.
“The quality of life fund was created as a mechanism to support the early actions projects that are being developed from the Englewood Quality of Life Plan. It also is an opportunity for the residents and other stakeholders to collectively invest to improve the quality of life for this community,” said activist Asiaha Butler, president of the Resident Association of Greater Englewood. “During the previous planning phase, there were not many resources to support execution of these strategies. If we are able to raise the funds, many of the projects led by residents who are ready for positive change in Englewood will be supported.”
Teamwork Englewood, a non-profit organization, is the fiscal agent for the Englewood Quality-of-Life Fund. The Fund’s #Giving Tuesday fundraiser has earmarked several projects for support:
- Purchase of new equipment for the 2016 Champions of the Junior Bears Football Team the Ogden Park Vikings;
- Creation of a college fund for children who were victims of gun violence in Englewood in 2016;
- Creation of a “Welcome to Englewood” sign/billboard;
- Support for students in the Englewood Codes program;
- Community beautification, public art projects and more.
Patricia Arnold | PhoeniX Strategic Communications | 312.698.9817 | firstname.lastname@example.org