Greetings Englewood Residents and Stakeholders,
We need your help!! As you know, in order to have the greatest impact in the Greater Englewood neighborhood we need to join forces. So why not kick off this concept with an unified day of pride and beautification on Saturday, April 21st from 8am-4pm. This is the same day as the citywide Clean & Green Day however, let’s make this our very own “Greater Englewood Unity Day”. We can clean, connect with others and just show a real sense of pride together throughout the community! We will end the day with some refreshments and music!
So far here a few sites where indviduals will be cleaning:
- 67th to the north, 71st to the south, Yale to the east and Halsted to the west
- 69th & Union
- 69th & Emerald
- Kusanya Cafe – 69th & Green
- 65th & Peoria
- Yale Elementary School – 70th & Princeton
- 66th & Seeley
You are welcome to volunteer at any of these sites or order your own supplies for your block or area. We need ALL Englewood schools, businesses, residents, organizations, police, churches etc. to be a part of this symbolic day of unity.
The process to order your supplies is simple and the deadline is Friday, April 13th….
1. To access cleaning supplies dial the 311 City System
2. Tell the operator that you want to participate in the April 21, 2012 Clean and Green Day
3. The Operator will ask for your agency information including a contact person, Address and Phone Number
4. The Operator will give you a reference number
5. Make sure that you ask the operator where to pick up supplies and what date.
So far the following organizations have sign up to participate:
- Imagine Englewood IF
- Center of Urban Transformation
- Greater Englewood CDC
- Safer Foundation
- Teamwork Englewood
- Beloved Community Family Services
- Resident Association of Greater Englewood
- New Birth Block Club
- New Birth Church of God in Christ
- Senator Mattie Hunter
- 6th Ward Alderman Office
- 65th & Peoria Block Club
- The Adler Institute
- Kusanya Cafe
Please consider being a part of this important effort! As we gather more organizations to sign on a flier will be forthcoming… Any questions feel free to contact us at 866-845-1032!