Empowering strategies to help your child and others succeed brought to you by the Urban Family Engagement Initiative of the National PTA, Illinois PTA, Black Star Community PTA and local community supporters!
Saturday, February 18th
UIC Behavioral Science Building
1007 W Harrison St
Special Welcome Address by Jamiko Rose, Chief Family and Community Engagement Officer for Chicago Public Schools
Keynote Address by University of Chicago Professor Charles M. Payne author of “So Much Reform, So Little Change: The Persistence of Failure in Urban Schools”.
Bi-Lingual Workshop Topics:
•Parents’ Rights and Responsibilities: Tools You Can Use To Protect Your School
• Strategies for Becoming an Effective Parent Leader and Education Advocate
• Parents’ Guide to Successfully Navigating the Common Core State Standards
• Integrating Social and Emotional Learning into a Child’s Life To Prevent Violence and Promote Healthy Relationships
• Successful Strategies to Transform Neighborhood Schools to Serve the Needs of the Community
• Parenting Strategies to Manage Challenging Stressful Times
Register today by accessing the link here: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2673922775
Hope to see you there!